Hello to all of our current and future clients, thank you for visiting us at Doctors Laboratory, Inc.
We are excited to provide a wide range of laboratory services for the needs of your organization, practice, hospital, or patient-care facility. We welcome your comments.
What makes us unique, you might ask?
- Over fifty-years of experience in the clinical laboratory medical business
- Commitment to Accurate, Reproducible and Quality Diagnostic Laboratory Medicine, including all aspects of specialty anatomic and clinical pathology, as indicated in other parts of our practice website
- Extensive clinical laboratory test menu
- Rapid Turnaround Time (TAT), often times less than 24 hours for most results
- A group of board certified pathologists, clinical scientists (PhD, MS), laboratory department and satellite managers with well over five-hundred (500) combined years of experience in laboratory medicine
- State of the art clinical laboratory facility (main laboratory) with multiple Service Centers, many having STAT testing capability throughout Georgia, Florida, and Alabama
- Commitment to direct communication between pathologist, and patient s responsible health-care provider of continuity care.
- Website for virtual pathology slide viewing, and/or clinical consultation about clinical laboratory test results
- Pathologist availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Availability of laboratory test reporting 24/7 with all forms of report transmissions including state of the art Internet Access (Secure).
- A regional reference laboratory with practices covering multiple local community hospitals or healthcare facilities.
- Full time Information Technology support.
- Welcome requests for speaking engagements by our pathologist and laboratory scientist team with appropriate notice
- Welcome requests for support of local community health fairs
Pathologist members of our staff routinely share interesting or difficult cases with all of the members within the group. We perform definitive studies to include but not limited to a wide battery of immunohisto-chemistry, histochemistry, and flow-cytometry. We perform on-site frozen sections for select office-practice. We recognize and utilize specialty pathologists, who are nationally noted experts within their particular area of specialty such as Dr. Loren Golitz, Dermatopathologist at the University of Colorado, and Dr. Robert Young, Professor and Surgical Pathologist, Harvard Medical School. These reports are generally completed within 48-72 hours by our consultant pathologist expert.
Our future interests include but not limited to telepathology.
Please feel free to call any of our pathologists, to speak with us about a case of interest, or to just simply have a chat.
Bo Hong, M.D., PhD, FCAP
Dr. Hong graduated from Zhejiang Medical University in China and received his residency and fellowship training at the University of Florida. During his surgical pathology fellowship training, he developed a special interest in gastrointestinal and liver pathology. He also has a Ph.D. and postdoctoral training in molecular and cell biology at the University of Florida, and has published many research articles in top professional journals. Dr. Hong is certified in both Anatomic and Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology.firstname.lastname@example.org
James H. Hudson, Jr. MD, FCAP
James H. Hudson, Jr. MD, FCAP Dr. Hudson is board-certified in Anatomic Pathology. He completed his undergraduate Studies at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. His pathology residency was completed at Eugene Talmadge Memorial Hospital in Augusta, Georgia. His Special interests include gynecologic pathology. He is licensed in South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.email@example.com
Satellite Laboratory Director and Privacy Officer
Garland E. Pendergraph, PhD, JD, MLS (ASCP) SM, HCLD (ABB)
Dr. Pendergraph received his PhD in medical Parasitology and mycology from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, and his law degree with a concentration in health law from Concord Law School, Kaplan University. He also did a Fellowship in Tropical Medicine at Louisiana State University School of Medicine. He is the author of a textbook in phlebotomy, a number of scientific articles, plus internet training programs. He is Chairman of the MLT Advisory Committee for Wiregrass Technical College and on the Advisory Committee for the MT program at Thomas University. In addition to his board certifications as a clinical laboratory scientist, microbiologist, and high complexity clinical laboratory director, he is also certified in the areas of phlebotomy, drug screen collection, and breath alcohol testing. Dr. Pendergraph is licensed as a laboratory director in the States of Georgia and Florida.firstname.lastname@example.org
Laboratory Director, Sekot Laboratories
David Dittmar, PhD, MT (ASCP), ABMM
Dr. Dittmar has a BS in Medical Technology from the University of Wisconsin and a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology from the University of Miami. He received post- doctoral training in clinical virology at the University of Miami/Jackson Hospital. He briefly worked at Coulter Corporation and then became the director of Sekot Laboratories, which is now part of Doctors Laboratory, Inc. Dr. Dittmar is an ASCP certified Medical Technologist, holds a State of Florida Laboratory Directors license and is certified in clinical virology by the American Board of Medical Microbiology.email@example.com
Microbiology Laboratory Director and Compliance Officer
Prafull (Phil) C. Shah, M. Sc.; M. S.; M. (ASCP)
Prafull C. Shah received his Master of Science (M. S.) degree in Medical Microbiology from Mississippi State University and M. Sc. degree in Industrial/Medical Microbiology from Gujarat University. He is certified as Microbiologist by American Society of Clinical Pathologists and is a member of American Society of Microbiology. Prior to his affiliation with Doctors Laboratory, he held positions as a Research Scientist at University of Illinois Medical Center and Manager of Microbiology at Houston Regional Medical Center. He periodically teaches Microbiology courses at Valdosta State University as a Faculty Member, and has several publications and presentations to his firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Director, Anatomic Pathology Services
Lonnie J. Gibson, BS., CT (ASCP)
Lonnie J. Gibson received his Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Environmental Health from George Washington University. He is certified as a Cytotechnologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists and is a member of the Southern Association of Cytotechnologists (SAC). Mr. Gibson, a retired United States Air Force, Chief Master Sergeant, has over 40 years experience in healthcare administration and management. He serves as our site Educational Coordinator for Cytology Programs at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) and Auburn University Montgomery (AUM).email@example.com